Desertification is the land degradation in the arid, semi-arid and part of the semi humid areas in the north of China, which is mainly marked by wind and sand activities because of the incongruous relationship between human and land.
Data source: compiled by China Institute of glacial and permafrost deserts and cooperated by Institute of geography of Chinese Academy of Sciences, the 1:2 million desert map is drawn according to aerial photos in 1970s and field survey. The national boundaries of China in the map are drawn according to the 1:4 million map of the people's Republic of China published by map publishing house in 1971.
1、 Dataset content
1. Desert ABCD 2009 (desert distribution)
2. Dune high ch 200
3. Gobi ABCD 200 (Gobi)
4. Wind erosion land ch 200
2、 The fields of desertification attribute table are as follows:
(1) Semi fixed sand dunes: gentle rolling sand (2-1), thicket sand dune (2-2), parabolic sand dune (2-3), beam nest sand dune (2-4), sand ridge and branch sand ridge (2-5), honeycomb sand dune (2-6), honeycomb sand ridge (2-7), composite sand ridge (2-8)
(2) Fixed sand dune: flat sand land (3-1), grassland sand pile (3-2), sand ridge (3-3), honeycomb sand dune (3-4)
(3) Migration: Crescent sand dune and sand chain (1-1), crescent sand ridge and sand ridge (1-2), grid sand dune chain (1-3), fish scale sand dune (1-4), feather sand ridge (1-5), pyramid sand dune (1-6), composite sand dune and sand chain (1-7), composite sand ridge (1-8), composite dome sand dune (1-9), chain Sand Mountain (sand dune) (1-10), overlapping chain Sand Mountain (1-11), compound ridge Sand Mountain (1-12), compound chain Sand Mountain (1-13), pyramid Sand Mountain (1-14)
(4) Class Ou ID: Code of sand attribute
3、 Projection information
|collect time||1974/01/01 -|
|data size||3.9 MB|
|Data spatial resolution (/ M)||20000.0m|
The 1:2 million desert map, compiled by the Institute of glacial and frozen deserts of China and coordinated by the Institute of geography of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, is drawn according to the aerial photos of the 1970s and field survey. In the map, China's border is drawn according to the 1:4 million map of the people's Republic of China published by the map publishing house in 1971.
Data set quality control through strict manual audit
©Copyright 2005-2020. Northwest Institute of Eco-Environment and Resources, CAS.
Donggang West Road 320, Lanzhou, Gansu, China (730000)